Ski region Andermatt + Sedrun + Disentis
DISCONTINUES WINTER OPERATIONS ON 13 MARCH 2020
The ski region Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis discontinued winter operations on 13 March 2020. Because of the requirements imposed by the Federal Council, it is no longer possible to ensure safe operations for employees and guests. We regret this decision. The last day of operations for the 2019/2020 season was 13 March. We would like to thank all of our guests for the terrific winter season and for their understanding.
We will be providing information about refunds later this week.
In the past few days, events related to the corona virus come thick and fast. The ski area Andermatt+Sedrun+Disentis closed at the behest of the Federal Council, as well as all shops that do not sell essential products.
Canton of Uri
On Tuesday, March 17, the Uri government also imposed further restrictions on tourist businesses (hotels and holiday apartments) and tourism-promoting offers in the canton area of Uri.
Specifically, this means that we will close the Radisson Blu Reussen Hotel as of today and The Chedi Andermatt as of March 22nd. The Andermatt Alpine Apartments cannot be booked until April 19 at least.
The offer of free buses in Andermatt has been discontinued and the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn is immediately foregoing tourist traffic. In addition, neither cross-country trails nor winter hiking trails are maintained in the Canton of Uri.
Canton of Graubünden
No closure of the hotels was ordered in the canton of Graubünden. The Catrina Resort in Disentis remains open until further notice. The cross-country trails and winter hiking trails in Sedrun are still open. The cross-country trail in Disentis is closed due to lack of snow.
The Federal Council decided that all restaurants, bars, swimming pools and fitness centers in all of Switzerland must remain closed as of March 17 (midnight) until April 19, 2020. The hotels can basically remain open. After careful consideration, we have decided the following
- The restaurants as well as the SPA and fitness offers in the hotels are now closed.
- The Radisson Blu hotel will be closed in 48 hours.
- The Hotel The Chedi Andermatt remains open until further notice.
- The Andermatt Alpine Apartments can also be booked until further notice.
- The Catrina Resort remains open until furhter notice
- All Mountain Food restaurants will be closed immediately.
- The shop offer in the Biselli restaurant with fresh bread will be reduced from the coming weekend (only on weekends). The sale of fresh products by Mountain Food on March 17 from 9:00 a.m. will be offered.
The ski area of Andermatt + Sedrun + Disentis remains closed. There are still a number of attractive winter offers in the region: snowshoeing, winter hiking etc.
Based on a cantonal recommendation, the entire bus offering in Andermatt will be discontinued on March 17, 2020 for security reasons.